Step into the bear’s backyard where wild bears live in the surrounding area of Daisetsuzan. Go on an adventure in a bus to discover their natural habits, watch them from special viewing areas and from a promenade perched high in the trees. There is always something new and exciting to experience as the bears go about their daily lives.
|Operation Period||29th Apr. 2017 – 22th Oct. 2017|
|Open Hours||9：00 – 16：00|
|Closed||May: 9, 16, 23, 30 June: 6, 13, 20, 27 October: 3, 10, 17|
- Last admission 15:20
- Operation is subject to change, please confirm prior to arrival.
|Groups (10 People or more)|
|Adult||Child / Senior||Adult||Child / Senior|
||1,836 yen||1,080 yen||1,620 yen||972 yen|
|Bear Watching Bus
||2,916 yen||2,160 yen||2,700 yen||2,052 yen|
- Child rate applies to children aged 4-12. Free for children under the age of 3.
- Senior rate applies to adults over the age of 60 (please supply proof of age).
- Every 2 children aged 4-6, accompanied by 1 adult or senior, will receive free admission.
Hotel Lunch Pack
|Adult||Child / Senior|
|Admission Ticket + Hotel Lunch||2,700 yen||2,200 yen|
|Bus Tour + Hotel Lunch||3,200 yen||2,700 yen|
- Lunch is at the Sahoro Resort Hotel cafe restaurant, Hana-Mori-Kuma (2 min by car).
- Choose from the monthly gourmet lunch selection.
- Lunch service hours: 11:30-14:00
- Available for purchase from the Bear Mountain reception desk or Sahoro Hotel lobby
Family Activity Pack
Take the Bear Mountain bear watching bus tour through the park, then choose from a selection of great activities to enjoy after. A great value pack where you can experience the thrills of Bear Mountain then go on an activity adventure under the blue skies of Sahoro.
Choose activitie to enjoy from the following options:
Niinai pond Canoeing Experience (30mins), Mountain bike rental (1hour), Eraser Stamp Making (1hour), Nature Craft (1hour), Table tennis (1hour).
|Adult||Child / Senior|
|Bus Tour + Activity||3,100 yen||2,400 yen|
- Available for purchase from the Sahoro resort hotel, Resort centre.
- Ticket valid for 1 day after purchase.
- Tickets can not be refunded, even in the event of cancellation due to weather. Please take note of this prior to purchase.
Special rates for Persons with disabilities
|Admission Ticket||918 yen||540 yen|
|Bus Tour||1,458 yen||1,080 yen|
- Please present documentation to obtain the special rate such as a Heath and Welfare card, notebook or other similar forms. One caregiver is eligible for half price admission tickets when they present documentation that verifies their status as the primary carer.
- Caregivers must be above the age of 16.
Make your way through the vast park walking high above the ground along the footbridge promenade. Down below you can see the adorable bears play and enjoy their leisurely lives.
Whilst walking amongst the treetops and watching the bears you can also enjoy the natural setting of the beautiful Daisetsuzan region. Hear birds singing and soaring high above in the sky, feel the fresh wind blowing softly as you take in the stunning landscape of Sahoro.
Behind the safety of reinforced windows go for a bus ride that will take you into the forest and up close and personal with real wild bears. For those with a spirit of adventure and in search of a thrill the bus tour will let you observe the bears on their level as they move around the forest. Coming face to face with a brown bear is the only way to truly feel the power of their presence!
With the high-rise walkway and bear watching tour, Bear Mountain is the only place to see and experience the lifestyle of the brown bear.